The Lord has repeatedly brought this Scripture to my attention. This year has been wrought with various tests and trials. At times it has been difficult to keep going, BUT GOD. The Lord has been my refuge, strength, comfort, hope, and provider during my time of suffering. He has and continues to be faithful, and I’m so thankful and grateful that He has promised to never leave or forsake me, because I know this will not be the last test or trial I endure.
In fact, James 1:2-4 and even 1 Peter 4:12-13 tells us that our faith will be tested and when it is, we should count it all joy because we are being perfected (matured).
Therefore, I want to encourage you today. If your faith is being tested through various trials and tribulations, I want you to do the following:
1. View this time through the light of eternity. This is but for a moment. Our time here can’t be compared to the eternity we will spend with Jesus.
2. Keep your focus on the Lord and not your circumstances.
3. Let this time make you better not bitter. Let it make you gentle not brittle.
4. Reject the lies and accusations against the Lord from the enemy.The Lord does love you. He sees where you are. He cares about you and will bring you out.
5. Don’t run away from the Lord. Run to Him. (Worship Him, read His word, spend time with Him, pray, listen, and be obedient to Him).
6. Pay attention to what the Lord is revealing about you through this test. Tests are not for God, but for us. God knows what’s in us. He wants us to know what’s in us. Are we rooted in Him or is our faith shallow?
I know it’s been hard, but I want you to stay the course–even if you can only take one step at a time. Don’t give up. There is something beautiful on the other side of this mountain. Keep going! I love you and so does our Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ!