Did you know that as a believer, God has promised you sleep:
If you struggle with sleep paralysis, night terrors, nightmares, insomnia, or talking in your sleep, there are some things that you can do in the “natural” and the “spirit” to aid you in getting a good night’s sleep:
Before you lay down do a self assessment:
• Are you anxious about something? Are your thoughts racing? Are you trying to figure out how it’s all going to work out? Are you worried, frustrated, or irritated? Are you fearful or afraid? STOP and PRAY! None of those things are from the Lord. Bring them to the Lord and ask Him to give you peace, rest, and clarity (See Philippians 4:6-7). Ask Him to stand guard over you as you sleep.
• Watch what you’re watching! What are you watching, reading, and listening to before bed? Is it feeding your spirit or your flesh? Is it encouraging and edifying you or is it depleting you, and tearing you down? Choose things that do the former instead of the latter!
• Meditate on, speak, and pray God’s Word about sleep and rest over you. One of my favorites is Psalm 4:8.
• Don’t eat large meals, sugary treats, or drink alcohol 2-3 hours before going to bed.
• Go to bed at the same time every night. Get into a routine and set a schedule that enables you to sleep at least eight hours a day.
• Stop scrolling! Put the phone down! 😉
• Don’t believe the lies…it doesn’t matter if you’re rich or poor, you need sleep. God designed your body to desire and need sleep. It is a gift! Sleep enables your body to heal and repair itself. You need it for your overall health and wellbeing!
I’m praying that you not only sleep sweetly but that you also rest peacefully! God loves you! Good night! ❤