The True Gospel of Jesus Christ:
• Jesus Christ, being the Son of God and God Himself, came to earth in flesh, being born of a virgin name Mary
• He preached: “Repent, for the kingdom of God is at hand.” The remission of sins for those who believe in Him.
• He died on the cross for the sins of mankind. The perfect sacrifice, whose blood atoned for our sins.
• He was raised from the dead three days later, conquering death and destroying the works of the devil and the power of sin.
• Those who believe in Jesus will be saved and receive eternal life: “that if you confess with your mouth the Lord Jesus and believe in your heart that God raised Him from the dead you will be saved” (Romans 10:9).
• He ascended into heaven, and one day very soon He will return for His church and take us to our eternal home (heaven).
• Religion gospel: you are saved by your works
• Moralism gospel: you are saved because you are a good, decent, and moral person
• Prosperity gospel: you are saved to be rich, healthy, happy, and whole
• Self-help gospel: Jesus died to make you the best version of yourself
• Signs and wonders gospel: if you’re truly saved, you should see and experience miracles
• Therapeutic gospel:Jesus died to make us special
• American gospel: Jesus + (Insert anything); Feelings over the inerrant word of God; Comfort over sacrificing and suffering for the Gospel
• Social justice gospel: The purpose of the gospel is to feed the poor, help the sick, to end systemic racism, violence and marginalization of women
The Gospel of Jesus Christ is about Him and His complete and finished work on the cross. This is the only Gospel that saves! ❤