Welcome to the New Year! We are officially in 2023 and many people have started to make their new year resolutions and set the goals they want to accomplish this year.
If you are a part of this group, congratulations! You are starting the year off focused. However, as you chart where you want to go, take the time to look at where you’ve been this past year.
In order to get where you’re going, you need to do an assessment of where you’ve been, where you are, and the potential landmines that will stop you from going where you want to go.
For example, look at your life and identify the barren and fruitless areas.
Are there areas in your life that are barren? A barren area means that there is nothing there. If the area isn’t barren, is it producing godly fruit?
Are you growing spiritually?
- Is your life marked by righteousness and holiness to God?
- Are you sharing Jesus with others?
- Are you bearing the fruits of the Spirit: (1) love, (2) joy, (3) peace, (4) patience, (5) goodness, (6) faithfulness, (7) kindness, (8) gentleness, and (9) self control.
- Are you growing in your relationship with Jesus? Is your knowledge and revelation of Him growing? Is your affection for Him deepening?
Do you have godly relationships?
- Are you in community with other believers?
- Do you have wise counsel?
- Do you have godly friendships?
- Are you in a romantic relationship that honors God? If not, do you have any romantic prospects on the horizon? (This may not be applicable to everyone depending on the season you’re in. Be led by the Lord.)
What about your finances, education, health etc. The list can go on and on.
During your assessment, if you identify any barren or fruitless areas, ask the Lord for wisdom to discern why.
Could it be that a particular area in your life is under spiritual attack by the devil?
Could these areas be barren and fruitless because of the decisions that you’re making.
Are there unhealed areas of trauma, hurt, and pain that cause you to make decisions from broken places that keep these areas barren or fruitless?
Being self aware and knowing why you make the decisions you make and do the things you do is a MAJOR KEY!
Take this time to look hard and honestly at your life. If you find barren and fruitless areas, make a plan to change those areas…even if that means changing you!
Doing this, will set you on a path to make true and everlasting change that enables you to be all that God has called you to be and do all that God has called you to do.
Be encouraged! You are loved! ❤️