One of the most powerful and life changing things you can do for your life and those you love is pray. With everything that is going on in the world, you can’t afford not to pray. Someone must stand in the gap, let it be you!
In Matthew 6:5-14, Jesus said WHEN you pray, not if you pray. As believers and followers of Jesus Christ we are called to pray to our Father who is in the secret place, and our Father who sees in secret will reward us openly.
- Find out what the will of God is and pray that to the Father. The will of God is everything that is written in the Bible…every word that proceeds from the mouth of God.
- Be anxious for nothing, but in everything by prayer and supplication, with thanksgiving, let your requests be made known to God. (Philippians 4:6).
- This is the confidence we have in approaching God: that if we ask anything according to his will, he hears us. And if we know that he hears us–whatever we ask–we know that we have what we asked of him (1 John 5:14-15).
- Therefore I say to you, whatever things you ask when you pray, believe that you receive them, and you will have them (Mark 11:24).
- You ask and you do not receive because you ask amiss, that you may spend it on your pleasures (James 4:3).
Last week there were two things that looked insurmountable. I didn’t know how I would make it through them, but I prayed. Even when I couldn’t see a way out, I prayed, believed, and God answered my prayers!
So, I want to encourage you today. We serve the one true, living God who sees us and hears us. He hears our prayers, and He answers them according to His will and in His timing. So, I implore you, no matter what you’re going through or even if it looks impossible, PRAY. God wants intervene on your behalf right now! ❤